Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rumpelstiltskin, 1-Button 4-Styles





I was fortunate to be able to find several of these wonderful antique glass buttons. They are metal shanked and molded to look like woven fabric with a touch of gold. It looks like they where woven by Rumpelstiltskin. I enjoyed challenging myself to find as many styles possible to make these button into.

Well it's quite early and I woke up thinking I might stay up. However, I think I shall to back to bed.

I've also added some new songs to my play list. WARNING-Appalachian Spring is 24min. long.
Aaron Copeland is one of my favorite modern composers.

Read more about him on Wiki-don't you just love this site.
Aaron Copland (November 14, 1900December 2, 1990) was an American composer of concert and film music, as well as an accomplished pianist. Instrumental in forging a distinctly American style of composition, he was widely known as "the dean of American composers." Copland's music achieved a balance between modern music and American folk styles. The open, slowly changing harmonies of many of his works are said to evoke the vast American landscape.

No comments: