Saturday, January 10, 2009

A New Coat



of paint!!!!
Since my older three children are gone I have taken the time to spend more one on one time with my fourth child, Simon. Today we went to our local home improvement store and bought some paint. We plan on painting the bathroom and maybe the playroom. I found a cute little roller that was just Simon's size. He did very well and we got a lot of the bathroom painted. It had been painted a color named Pear. It gave your complexion a sort of sick look and had been scrubbed to the point of not having paint on the wall in certain places. I really like the new color.

On the other hand, the playroom color Cinnamon Swirl I don't like. I think it is too Southwestern for our type of farmhouse. It is between a peachy-pink color. We built on to our house three years ago and lost a window in that room and it is very dark not to mention the color that had been on the walls was a very dark teal blue. I've painted test spots on the walls in various colors and today out of frustration I had my husband help me pick out a color and went with it. It won't go to waste because the wall will need 2-3 coats of paint to cover up the dark blue. I would like something maybe with a little more pink undertones rather than orange.

My husband cooked supper while Simon and I painted. Spaghetti, yum. I will have to say he is a very good cook, better than me when it comes to meat. I'm the baker and sweet maker. I'm very blessed that he enjoys cooking. All in all it was a nice way to spend a rainy day!!

God Bless!!

2 comments:

Eruaphadion said...

Cool. Awwww He's soooo cute in that picture! Spaghetii.....*Drools.*

Timeless Trinkets said...

Thank you! He really was a good helper.