Monday, March 9, 2009

Cute As A Button




This is kind of my Simple Womans Daybook without the format.

Well I'm sitting here pondering the deeper meanings of life with my daughter. We are here to glorify God and how can we do this in our daily life. I'm wearing jeans, knit shirt, and penny loafers with no socks(totally prep) . Meanwhile, my son needs a pull up for bedtime and has just finished washing his hands with the water on full pressure-just sent him to wipe up the puddles in the floor. In the kitchen I hear the delightful NOISE of one of my son's singing-more like humming, now counting, soon to be boom, pow, crash. Lillian my least on the other hand is crabby about the time change. No one seems to be able to get her in a good mood. Her brother just brought in the rag that he used to clean up the water with and threw it at her feet. Now my oldest daughter is arguing with her 5 year old brother about meatballs-I think the problem has solved itself. Three people are all talking at the same time in the kitchen(did I hear a shut up-boy someone is in trouble) while one is crying-HELP! HELP! My House IS NOT QUIET-unless someone is watching a movie or asleep. Hubby is wise- He's asleep:)

On another note, I had a very good weekend in my Etsy shop. I sold many items plus made a wholesale contact in Holland. I'm so thankful to have this extra income. Especially now that my husband has opened his own business, it has really been a blessing to be able to make a little extra money to help out with our expenses. I'm so thankful that he has been more than willing to help out in the kitchen since I have been more than tired with the extra job. Tonight we were both in the kitchen cooking together, it was a lot of fun. He made barbecued pork ribs and I made meatballs. He made cooked mixed veggies and I made a salad. May sound like an odd menu but we were trying to use up leftover meat in the frig before it went bad. We had chicken legs to go bad today and boy did they stink(whew).

Last but not least I wanted to post some necklaces I made last week for the shop. They are very simple but add a splash of color to your neckline. Sometimes I really like a very simple and elegant design. The beauty of a piece can get lost if it is too busy.

Well, thanks for stopping by to read my post. I hope you have a blessed week!

No comments: