Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pink Hibiscus, Antique Button(c.1800's) Earrings with Freshwater Pearls -Brass

It's been a long time since I have posted anything. I love these buttons!

A beautiful pair of antique buttons. They feature a lovely spray of flowers. The button has been tinted a deep pink color. I have brushed cleaned these but you still may find a bit of dust. You cannot wash these as they will rust from the moisture. Victorians would remove these buttons prior to washing their clothes. These buttons are from the late 1800's and are very hard to find in matching sets.

I have set the button in a brass plated filigree and the shank on the button has not been disturbed so that it will retain is value as a collectible. To the bottom of this I have added Czech glass beads and freshwater pearls with filigree. The earring and filigree measure 3/4" across. The total earring measures almost 2" from top to bottom.

To view more click on the link below.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TimelessTrinkets

I often think about the history of my creations and only if they could talk the stories you could hear. I hope you enjoy my eclectic creations and find something that pleases you.

©2007-2011 Timeless Trinkets

No comments: