Monday, February 23, 2009

Computer Monster


Well, it's late. I woke up about an hour ago with my left arm numb and hurting. It hurts so bad that I can't sleep. I carried my daughter a lot at church yesterday and now I'm paying the price. Oh, I feel a Motrin coming on and hopefully some more sleep.


At our church on Friday we watched the movie Fireproof. I had not seen this movie before but had heard a lot of good reviews. I thought is was very nice, it is a good example of what can happen in a bad marriage when you turn your heart to God and learn to worship and please him by how you treat others in your life. The main character's focus changed from being self centered to being God centered.

Believe it or not this movie really convicted me in the area of my hobby turned somewhat job. Making jewelry. I like to make jewelry and have found that it can easily consume my time. I am constantly reminded of Luke 12:34 that where your treasures are your heart will be as well. I think in someways it has become a parasite in my life and has consumed time that could have better been spent with my family. I am praying that God will help me to be better at organizing my time and to focus more on my family than my hobby.

I am also trying to schedule time on the computer for our whole family because it seems to consume a lot of it. It is such a useful tool and can be used for so much good, yet on the other hand it can be a black hole. 5 minutes turns into an hour. There are days that I wish I could just throw it out the window, it causes so many arguments in our home. Especially the games the boy's like to play. Please pray for our family as we endeavor to get the computer monster under control.

On to another note.

I wanted to post this for Valentine's Day, but as you can see I'm late. I'm not much on celebrating man made holidays except for the fact that my kid's really like any excuse there is to make sweets. However, if Valentine's Day is one that you just can't go without celebrating(I do like the chocolate) this piece of a very long poem(reads more like a book, what was he thinking?) is a very nice one to insert in your card.

HIAWATHA'S WOOING, an exert form Hiawatha's Song by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"As unto the bow the cord is,
So unto the man is woman;
Though she bends him, she obeys him,
Though she draws him, yet she follows,
Useless each without the other!"

No comments: