Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fun New Locket- Wallpaper who would have thought!!


I mostly make lockets with buttons, brooches and old watch parts. However, this week I thought I would try something new. Wallpaper!!! I guess I'm a real recycle nut, but I believe we should be good stewards of what has been given(waste not want not). I was thinking about all those huge wall paper sample books they have at the interior designing store we have here in town...what happens when the styles discontinued ??? Well there thrown in the dump. I've used this paper for various craft projects and it came to me this week why not jewelry? To the center of this locket I have pasted wallpaper, sealed it with resin for protection and added a floral stamping. I think it turned out quite lovely. It's one of a kind!! Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Argentia Krystofel said...

Hey mom!!!
I like the wallpaper idea alot, and I've seen some really pretty ones on your desk.
Glad you got your blog up!!!
-Autumn